The latest changes on Facebook has seen the introduction of Timelines for Facebook Pages. This change has changed the way custom Facebook Pages are accessed. Previously the links to Custom Pages were displayed in a bullet point type list however with the introduction of Facebook Timelines custom pages now have a larger and more prominent set of buttons.
The text and graphics displayed for each Custom Page can be changed with the application settings. The following steps will explain how to change this information.
- Login to the Facebook account which has Admin access to the Facebook Page you want to edit
- Click Admin Panel at the top left to display the Admin Panel
- Click Manage -> Edit Page at the top of the Admin Panel
- Click Apps in the Menu on the left hand side
- Find the Custom Page you want to edit then press Edit Settings
- Edit the text displayed underneath the tab by editing the Custom Tab Name
- Edit the image displayed by pressing Change then upload an image no larger than 111px by 74px
You will now have custom tabs to go with your custom pages, check out our custom ‘Services’ tab (featuring our cute robot mascot) on Bytewire’s Facebook Page.